Friday 9 October 2009

Roofs, rain and reasons

As you can see I have had a long absence from blogging, which is not brilliant considering I'm only a month in, however I'm back to pick up the baton and try again.

Urban Barefoot home has been more of urban barefoot hovel over the last few weeks as we have been subject to the mercy of roofers and floor-ers, neither of which have been particularly kind! To cut a long and painful subject short we now have a fixed flat roof but a leaking pitch roof, and beautiful carpet in the living room but bare hardboard in the rest of the house, which feels a little bleak!

While we wait for clear weather (and further funds), I have become a little overwhelmed by it all and hung up my cleaning gloves and lost any homely motivation. The guilt of such inaction was keeping me awake at night (as well as plotting creative ways to torture the roofer and stop it raining inside!) and making me a decidedly grouchy, unkempt and damp creature!

Yet, as always, there is a silver lining to every rain cloud (or multiple heavy rain clouds in this situation), in ignoring all my household chores I have spent a lot more time playing with Babin, and that is such an enormous pleasure! She initiates chasing games, reads me stories, plays peekaboo... not that we don't play together normally but often its fitted around the washing, hoovering, etc.

My inertia seems to be ending (hence returning to the blog), and the hovel is now more homely again but I'm definitely going to try to remember that the washing will wait.
But as she's in bed now, there's no excuse, so I'd better go put a wash on.

No comments:

Post a Comment