Tuesday 20 October 2009

autumn fires and homemade chai tea

There is a definite chill in the air, the tortoise is in at night and we have had our first few fires in a our newly refurbished fireplace. I've been feeling lovely and cosy and started to think its time to get the slow cooker out for stew and dumplings.

However in the meantime, I've been experimenting with making my own Chai tea. I have an addiction to the Chai tea Latte of a certain major coffee shop, but they are expensive and I don't like to give my money to the big shops, preferring local independent traders. I've tried various chai tea bags and powder mixes but none seem to be as good.

I was pondering this Chai today as I walked miles with babin in the sling, trying to encourage her to have a nap and trying to keep myself out of previously not mentioned coffee shop. I remembered my first taste of chai, it was at a music festival on the north york moors

No comments:

Post a Comment