Tuesday 15 September 2009

Has anyone seen my sleep?

Out there somewhere is my sleep... it is defiantely not here, I've looked. It might be in your house though. If you find it could you send it back?

Seriously though, lack of sleep can send me slightly crazy. I haven't blogged for a couple of days because UB Dad has been flexing his creativity and babin and I have been supporting him (Babin of course stole the show a couple of times!) and our support, and haphazard London Transport led to two late bedtimes for Babin. Which, in turn, have led to some disturbed nights for me, with a new low last night of Babin waking every twenty minutes between the hours of 2am and 5am.

Oh the pain! That middle of the night blur, springing out of bed like a mad woman (for some reason the tireder I am the wilder my spring?!?), stumbling into Babin's room, picking her up, and for the first couple of times considering trying to put her back to sleep without feeding her, but soon giving in.... rocking and feeding in the chair, dozing in and out of sleep, trying to concentrate on if she's really feeding or just pretending, putting her back down.. creeping to the door praying she'll go back to sleep, falling into bed....

ooo, its horrible just recounting it! Anyway tonight will be better, I'm sure of it!

And the consequences of this sleep torture?

Poor Babin having her morning blackberry, banana and blueberry milk shake accidentally poured down her front as I yawned while helping her sip it from her cup!

Not getting poor UB Dad's anniversary present, two days in a row.

Trying to clean my contact lenses in toothpaste!

Growing piles of washing.

And, Horror of Horrors: NO SHINY SINK!

Its true, I've already crashed from FLY'ing, I'm so ashamed. Yet tomorrow is another day, and I did read lots of books with Babin, and manage to feed us all dinner.

I'll shine that sink tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment