Sunday 6 September 2009

Aspirations

Its Sunday evening, and traditionally, pre-baby, a time for me to get a little melancholy about the end of the weekend and the huge numbers of things to do in the week ahead.

However, we've an exciting week ahead and I no longer measure my time in work/home measures so, although there is a lot I plan to get done this week, i feel no melancholy, just a little apprehension (that'll be the piles of washing).

This week's to do list includes: make bread, pick up sewing machine and generally be brilliant which leads me to another list I was making in my head today:


Things I want to be and how I really am:

  • brilliant at baking - I have good and bad baking days, producing super light cakes one day and rock cakes the next.
  • super at sewing - I'm learning, slowly.
  • excelling ecologically - I think and try to be careful about what I use, buy, make and throwaway, but defiantely a long way to go.
  • perfectly patient - Hmm, maybe best to ask UB Dad about that one.
  • wonderfully witty - I think my wit capactity is in direct correlation to the amount of sleep I've had, so minimal on both of those then!
  • fantastic at finishing- well, I'm now finishing this post so there's a start, or a finish...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment